Vacuuming your home should be made as easy and quick as possible. This, of course, means that you need to have a good vacuum in your arsenal. That being said it’s not always easy to find a good vacuum cleaner that can do it all, especially for an affordable price. Well, today we are here to take a closer look at 2 very highly rated vacuums, the Shark NV500 and the Shark NV501. Both vacuums are fairly similar in style and in terms of their features, but they do have a few differences too. So, let’s get right to this Shark NV500 vs NV501 comparison.
Shark NV500 vs NV501 – Comparison
What is similar?
Like we said, both the NV500 and the NV501 are fairly similar, which is true for most of their respective features. Let’s start out by looking at how these two models are the same.
- First off, both of these models come with that great HEPA technology. This is something we appreciate because it helps to clean the air we breathe. At the same time, this is awesome for removing allergens from the air, something which is important because there are allergy sufferers in our home.
- Both Shark model feature swivel steering tech combined with headlights. Seeing all of the dirt, even in dark spaces, and then getting to it is made easy thanks to this.
- Another way in which both the Shark NV500 and the NV501 are similar is that they both come with a decent sized dirt receptacle. In other words, you don’t have to empty the canister after just a few minutes.
- Both of these models come with a power brush roll which can be turned on or off depending on the surface. Finally, both models come with an extending flexible hose to get to high up and tight places.
- Both models are pretty quiet.
What is different?
The NV501 does a fantastic job of getting dirt lodged deep in carpets thanks to fantastic suction power.
- First of all, while the NV500 is a 3 in 1 vacuum, the NV501 is only a 2 in 1 vacuum. While it is really convenient to be able to disconnect the canister for easy maneuvering on stairs, it is not quite as versatile as the NV500.
- The second main difference is in terms of accessories. The NV500 is ideal for pets and pet hair as it comes with a pet brush roll. The NV501 does not come with this, but it actually comes with many other accessories. When you get the NV501, you also get an upholstery tool, a car detailing kit, a wand to get under appliances, and a microfiber pad for hard floors too.
- Third, back to the whole 3 in 1 thing, the Shark NV500 comes complete with a lift-away canister, which makes it easy for us to maneuver up and downstairs, as well as to get to hard to reach places too.
- Fourth, NV500 is smaller but heavier, at the same time NV501 is significantly lighter.
Which One Is Right For You?
At the end of the day, both of these vacuums are extremely similar and really only have a couple of differences. More or less, you might want to get the Shark NV500 if you have pets (In terms of accessories, the NV501 is the clear winner). On the other hand, the NV501 is better suited for vacuuming cars, under appliances, and for hardwood floors (thanks to the included microfiber pad). In this Shark NV500 vs NV501 comparison, there is honestly no clear winner. It all depends on what you want to use the vacuum for.