Ever feel frustrated trying to clean your car with a vacuum designed for your living room? What you want is power at your fingertips. Climb into your car and use the best wet/dry vac for car detailing for impressive results.
Imagine easing yourself into your car after a deep clean. Everything smells fresh. The dash shines with a soft glow. The seats feel amazing. No dirt can be seen – even in the cracks and crevices.
You can feel this good after a good auto detailing session. Let’s start sucking up some facts and knowledge to help you choose the best vacuum for car detailing.
What is a Wet Dry Vac for Car Detailing used for?
Detailing your car requires a few simple things:
- First, you need a way to clean the big places like the seats, floorboards, and trunk.
- Second, you want to get the dirt out of the tiny places like the creases in the seat cushions, the tiny spots under the chairs, and the crevices around the dash. Finally, you want to use something that isn’t heavy, awkward, or too weak to get the job done right.
Great wet/dry vacuums for car detailing do all these things very well. They also work with liquids. Because they can suck up liquids, you can use them to clean up spills and with common car interior shampoos.
What is a Good Wet Dry Vac for Car Detailing?
There are dozens of vacuums available on the market. We will separate them for you based on a few criteria:
- Power – You can choose between a 12-volt vacuum or a 120-volt unit. The 12V models plug into your car for cleaning on the go. The 120V vacuums need a wall plug to use.
- Size – Getting into the small spaces in your car requires a small unit with a good hose and attachments.
- Attachments – You need a few different attachments to get the best results. We’ll help you see which vacuums are the most useful.
- Tank Size – You don’t want to empty the storage halfway through the job. Bigger tanks mean more cleaning.
- Battery – Rechargeable models are great for cleaning when you’re not at home.
- Cord Length – Stopping to change plugs is irritating. You want a cord long enough to do the whole car in a single session.
Here are TOP 3 picks:
Best Wet Dry Vac for Car Detailing
The best vacuum cleaner on our list is the Beast series from Vacmaster Professional. The Beast tops our list because of its power. The 5.5 HP motor gives you all the suction power you could want from a professional car vacuum. Have a look at our review below for more details.
Best Budget Wet Dry Vac for Car Detailing
The CHERYLON Portable Car Vacuum is the top choice for small budgets. It’s one of the least expensive units on our list. People love it, though. There are more than 4,600 5-Star reviews on Amazon. 87% of people think this vacuum is brilliant! We give you a more thorough look below.
Best Price Performance Wet Dry Vac for Car Detailing
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
Armor All has been a trusted car cleaning brand for decades. Their AA255 Utility Vac hits the right balance between price and performance. It comes with 5 attachments and has a blower feature. Check out our more in-depth review below for more info.
Wet/Dry Vac For Car Detailing Reviews
We’re going to show you the best five car vacuum cleaners. You’ll find the right information to help you make the best choice for your car.
ThisWorx Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner
- Practical: A mini vacuum for car or truck that is...
- Effective: Made for on-the-go use and to solve...
- Powerful: The cyclonic force and strong suction of...
- Interior Car Cleaning Kit Includes: 3 attachments...
- Convenient: Is the battery always dying when you...
ThisWorx sells the compact and powerful Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner. The main selling point for this model is its size. At 13 x 4 x 4 inches, the whole cleaner will fit in a slightly oversized shoebox. You don’t need a box, though, because this unit comes with a neat carrying bag.
There are other great features:
- 16’ power cord plugs into your car’s lighter port and is long enough to clean every car.
- The HEPA filter will help those who suffer from allergies and sensitive skin.
- The 8.8 amp motor has enough power to tackle most cleaning tasks easily.
The filter is a nice feature in this unit because it is washable. ThisWorx ships a special brush for cleaning the filter, but you can also wash it once it starts to get too dirty.
We found a few things you should consider, too.
- First, check your car’s fuse size. This vac requires a 15A fuse for the power supply.
- Second, consider your usage. This is a great tool for light cleaning.
GNG Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- [ Professional Unique Patent Design ]- Two...
- [ Strong Suction ]- Stop struggling with your...
- [ Maximum Conveniency, Safety And Durability ]-...
- [ Easy To Use ] creates flawless cleaning, so your...
- [ One Year Warranty ] GNG believes in delivering...
The GNG Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is a brilliant choice for its price. It’s one of the least expensive models on our list and it’s cordless! You can charge it up for several hours and then clean out your car without worrying about a cord. We’ve found some other great features:
- There are two charging cables so you can keep one in your car and one at home in your garage.
- The filter is washable so you can clean it out and keep going.
- The 106-watt lithium-ion battery should have enough juice to get through the toughest cleaning jobs.
- The tank is about .5 liter, which should be big enough to be useful without being too awkward around the car.
This little cleaner can suck up liquids. When someone spills something while you’re on the go, you can whip out your GNG and suck it up. Protect your car from stains and smells by being quick to clean up problems.
Armor All AA255
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
Armor All does it all. The AA255 Vacuum has plenty of power to remove the dirt from your car’s interior. This is a unit you plug into the wall at home, so there is more juice available to power through the tough chores.
This little shop vac for your car is really versatile. There are five different attachments for reaching all the spots in your car. In particular, the brush is a great size for working over the dials and controls on your dash. The flat deluxe car brush will make short work of the floorboards and flat surfaces.
- The small unit is super portable with a comfortable handle, flat bottom, and good shape.
- Convert to a blower in seconds to clear your windscreen or grill.
- On-board storage and organization of attachments keeps your workspace tidy.
- Comes with a great foam filter for wet cleaning.
All in all, this is a nice package for cleaning your car or other spaces. The 2.5 HP motor will power through dirt, pet hair, and sand with no problems. The tank holds 2.5 gallons of junk so you shouldn’t ever need to stop in the middle of a job.
CHERYLON Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner
This is the top-rated car vacuum cleaner on our list. With more than 4,600 5-star reviews, we know people love this cleaner. We can see why, too. It has a strong motor, great tank size, adequate cord, and useful accessories. The price is great, too.
There are two main accessories along with an extension tube and hose. The small, angled brush will help clean all the small spaces around the dash and console. The slot pipette is just the right size for getting the dirt from the corner of seats, under the chairs, and down in the cup holders.
- The size is brilliant for the quick cleaning in your car on the go without being big and awkward.
- You can plug this into your car’s power plug so you can clean up messes wherever you are.
- The dual-stage HEPA filter can be removed and washed to extend its service life.
- The extending tube is useful for cleaning under chairs and around the trunk.
All in all, this is one of the best vacuum cleaners for your car. Its combination of great power at an affordable price makes it a great choice for almost anyone.
One thing to note is the required fuse size for use. Your power supply needs to be rated for at least 15A to power this cleaner.
Vacmaster Professional – Professional Wet/Dry Vac
If you want the best wet/dry car vacuum cleaner, choose the Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac from their Beast series. The reason this one is the best is simple: it has the most power. Vacuum cleaners must do one thing really well. They must suck up dirt. The Vacmaster Professional has a huge 5 HP motor capable of creating beastly suction to clean your car.
In addition to its power, the Beast has integrated cord storage for its 18’ cord. The cleaning hose wraps neatly around the top of the case. The accessories tuck into the unit, too. All this convenient organization keeps your space tidy and makes the job easier.
- Over 25’ of cleaning reach comes from the 18’ cord and 7’ hose.
- The accessories include a super useful flat head, slot pipette, and utility nozzle.
- A fine dust filter and wet foam filter make this cleaner capable of tackling a variety of jobs.
This is the best professional car vacuum you can buy for the price. It has all the power you need to suck up pet hair, sand, dirt, and tough messes. You can switch to wet mode for cleaning up spills or shampooing the upholstery.
The only downside to the Beast is its size and weight. It’s the biggest and heaviest cleaner on our list. The long hose means you won’t have to hold it or move it too much, though.
How often should you vacuum your car?
From the hectic lives that most of us lead, tasks like cleaning our cars are often left aside and ignored for so long. Even though most people still make significant efforts to cleaning and maintaining their cars daily or every two days, some others have overwhelming daily activities and may not have the time.
The appearance of your car, especially the interior, influences the condition of the vehicle and, in turn, the resale value. Maintaining a clean car even while you still use it is always better than trying to make it look good right before you sell.
Even if the different parts of your vehicle interior and exterior require different types of attention to keep sparkling, you should ensure to clean it at least once in a month. If you have hairy pets that share your car space sometimes, it is advisable to clean in the car interiors more often. You might want to make a routine clean every week.
Why is it important to vacuum my car’s interior?
Outside of mortgage, your cars are another huge investment we take. Whether it is your first car or the fourth, it serves more purpose than moving you from one point to the other. Although, after using your vehicle a while, wears and tears are expected; however, the long-term care and consistent vacuuming always make the car look better.
Vacuuming your car interior could be the main difference be stands between the original appearance of the car and a rough and damaged interior. Interior damages in the vehicle occur most times as a result of messes, spills, or debris that settles in the fabric or material within the car.
Stains from food spills are even more likely to cause permanent damages when they bake into the weave, dye, or stitching of the leather or fabric. Likewise, grimes and other debris can scratch and create permanent reminders on the interiors. The looks of your car can interpret your lifestyle, which is why you cannot afford to mistreat your vehicle.
Should I wash or vacuum my car first?
People have different ways by which they clean their car, but experts suggest you start with vacuuming. You should vacuum the inside of your car, beginning with the upper areas and the seat. If the dashboard, door panels, or the seats require cleaning, do so. Then you can proceed to the carpet area.
Ensure to remove the mats for better access to the debris on the floor while vacuuming. After getting the dirt off by vacuuming, washing is the next stage. The Door part connects the door to the body of the car, so clean gently with a microfiber towel and spray. If you have to, use some car detailing products like oil and polish to maintain the look.
Wash the window parts, the seats, and conclude with the floor. While you remove slides and mats, clean and dry them with a car wash product, before returning it to your car.
How much does it cost to vacuum a car?
For a more convenient way, drivers prefer to get quick clean-up of their vehicles while on the road, some use the gas stations. The cost of vacuuming a car depends on how long you need the vacuum, the gas station brand, and the location. However, the cost of vacuuming per car in gas stations averagely ranges from $0.5 to $0.75 for three to five minutes.
These vacuums use long hoses to reach certain areas of your car with ease. Some can even suck up large debris that is always difficult for the regular home vacuums. However, getting your vacuum saves you almost all costs on cleaning at the gas stations.
Are shop vacs good for cars?
The shop vacs are more powerful than the regular vacuum cleaners we use for our home. They come with some enhanced features, including a more powerful motor to handle tasks that the regular vacuum cannot.
Even if when people think of the shop vacs, the first thing that comes to their minds is a tool for cleaning woodworking and construction sites. It is, however, an excellent car cleaner.
The high-powered motor gives more suction force allowing the tool to pick up more dirt and debris that are hidden in your car’s interior. Another advantage of the shop vacs is that you can also suck up liquids, ensuring your vehicle interior is left spotless.
Shop vacs are cheaper investments, but there are a few factors you should consider while getting one. Ensure it has enough tank capacity and power. It could be corded or cordless.
However, if you are going for a corded shop vac, choose one with a long power cable as well as a longer flex hose. Also, check the weight, size, noise level, and the extra attachment that will ease your usage.
How do you vacuum crevices in a car?
The attention you pay to details while vacuuming the car is what separates a professional from an amateur. It is quite tricky for some vacuums to reach areas like the sides of the seat, in between the back seat, and along the sear rails.
There are many areas in the car that are difficult for a vacuum cleaner to access, especially those from the gas stations. However, some vacuum cleaners come with crevice tools of different lengths that can vacuum those hidden and challenging to reach areas until every last speck of dirt is removed.
So asides from a tool with an extension cord long enough to reach your vehicle, the crevices tools also matter. While vacuuming, run the device along with the seats, seats-back, to remove trapped hair and other debris. Use the brush or brush attachments to sweep deep into the cracks and crevices and allow the powerful suction of the machine to eliminate the rest.
All of the above options are good choices to go with. Each of them has its own features, accessories, and benefits which can help make your life a lot easier. Now that we have told you what each of these vacuums is all about, it is up to you to decide which one will work the best for your car and your own personal needs.