When it comes to home cleaning products and technologies, there are hundreds of products on the market. From these hundreds of household cleaning items, one item is a must: a vacuum cleaner.
There are multiple types of vacuum cleaners with retractable cords for multiple floor types. Vacuums with retractable cord help you keep the cord safe. Based on our vast research and practical experience, we’ve collected the 7 best vacuum cleaners with retractable cords to buy in 2021.
- Multi-cyclonic technology maintains full performance even if the vacuum is full.
- Action brush roll option can be turned on and off.
- A furniture nozzle is a separate tool. Other tools like a canister caddy, multi-angle dusting brush, and a pet power brush are included.
Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is a versatile tool with a retractable cord that can alternatively act as the best canister vacuum cleaner. This can be done with the help of the Lift-Away system. The Shark introduced the Rotator Lift-Away to eliminate the difficulties of reaching and cleaning upholstery or stairs.
The body of the Shark Rotator Professional Upright Vacuum is capable of being lifted away from the hard floor nozzle. This weighs only 15.5 pounds. As a result, you can easily move it around with the ability to reach into tight corners. This vacuum with a retractable cord comes with an extra-long stretch hose also.
The Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless vacuum cleaner is equipped with Anti-Allergen seal technology. This is really a huge plus for those people who are allergic to dust and tiny molecules.
- Best vacuum with the Lift-Away and Caddy technology, this canister vacuum is easy to move and reaches hard to reach tight corners.
- It gives excellent cleaning power and performance for both bare hard floors and carpet floors.
- The HEPA sealed filtration seals in the dust to help allergy sufferers.
- 5-year long warranty.
- Very quiet when in operation.
- Lightweight and easily maneuverable.
- The hose is a bit stiff
- There is no switch on the handle
It is powered by a giant 8 AMP motor. The OnePass tech and unique brush design ensure the best result in a single pass. The 25-foot long power cord and 6-foot hose are welcome features. Multi-level filtration keeps all the dust inside the dust cup. Comes with a triple action brush roll that offers great cleaning.
The Bissell Cleanview 1831 has become popular because of some great features like a powerful motor, a 25-foot long power-retractable cord for a good reach from the power outlet, and a 6-foot hose. The powerful motor and extra power cord length of the Bissell cleanview swivel rewind vacuum give this a big advantage over other upright bagless vacuum cleaners on the market. This Bissell cleanview vacuum cleaner is also very lightweight and portable just like the CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet 2256. That’s why Bissell gives one of the best cleaning experience. The triple-action brush roll is best for removing dirt and pet hair on multiple surfaces.
One Plus technology and brush design make it very easy to use. This cleaning technology lets the user brush only one time on a particular surface. Multi-level filtration offers an anti-allergy feature. All the dust, pet hair, and debris will be in the extra-large dust cup. This upright vacuum cleaner with a retractable cord also offers a multi-cyclonic system which is best to pick up the dust and debris efficiently.
More features include a dusting brush for upholstery and a turbo brush tool for cleaning the stairs.
- Best vacuum for excellent air suction
- Big dirt storage
- Quiet operation
- Practical, Sturdy, and easily maneuverable design
- Ensures effectiveness in each stroke.
- Efficient air filtration
- It may tip over if you pull or stretch the hose too far.
- The selector position is in an awkward place.
OUR TOP PICK
- Control buttons are within easy reach during use, best for maneuverability
- Sealed HEPA filtration system
- Modern swivel steering
- HEPA and pre-motor filters are washable
The Shark Rotator NV752 is called the best Shark vacuum. This premium model’s pet tool and cleaner head are electrically powered for better cleaning. Most upright vacuums in the market are air powered. This vacuum with a retractable cord is a specialist in pet hair to vacuum. The Shark NV752 with Lift-Away TruePet vacuum is a lightweight upright that comes with a detachable canister vacuum. A new technology called Never Loses Suction provides consistent suction power.
The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology(TM) prevents 99.99% of dust and dirt from escaping the vacuum. With the help of swivel steering and smooth-gliding wheels, it offers easier maneuverability around all types of furniture. This Shark NV752 Rotator also has a long 7-year warranty. Vacuuming is smooth and easy with the Shark NV752. The powerful 9.5 Amp Shark features more suction power than other bagless uprights. Its washable HEPA dust-cup filter traps air impurities and helps maintain maximum suction power. This vacuum cleaner features include oversized wheels for easy mobility, a 25 feet cord, an ergonomically designed handle, a slim profile, and a 90° pivot for cleaning in tight spaces. It’s easy to assemble – all you need is a screwdriver!
- Great suction and proper air control
- Large dust container
- Bright light makes it easy to see any pet hair or dust on the floor
- Not able to clean large dust like Cheerios
- Swivel feature is not that smooth
- Tips over easily if a user does not pull the hose carefully
- It has both handheld and stick vacuum functionality
- Mighty 6.5 Kpa powerful suction
- Only takes four hours to fully recharge
- Eco and Turbo power mode increases the use from each charge
- LED light increases visibility
- 180-degree swivel
- It has a huge 5-liter dust bin
- The filter is easily washable
If your home is small or medium-sized, then an all-in-one versatile vacuum cleaner is the best and essential tool to keep your home clean and tidy. There are a lot of options from premium brands, but if you want to be on the safe side, then you can go for this vacuum Cleaner.
You might have seen many affordable vacuum cleaner like this one. However, there are unique features that you can find on this model/brand that you’ll not find in many other brands. Yes, this is the LED light that keeps this ROOMIE TEC Cordless vacuum cleaner ahead of the competition. The LED light makes it easy to get the best results from dim areas such as under furniture.
- It is fairly lightweight
- LED light leads to great dust tracking
- Great charging and run time
- Cleans pet hair on bare floors and low pile carpets
- Money-back guarantee
- No HEPA filtration
- Average carpet cleaning capability
- Only comes with one extra attachment
- Enormous suction power
- Height Adjustment Settings
- Multiple tools like a fabric brush, round bristle brush, crevice tool.
- Second handle on the top of the waste container
- Extra Large Dust Bin
- The cords wraps up with a push of a button
If you are looking to replace your current vacuum, you may want to check out the products that Eureka has to offer. You will find that Eureka really knows how to produce a quality vacuum, and they have been around forever. The Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum is a very popular choice. Eureka’s vacuum has more features and benefits for half the price of its competition. This vacuum uses technology that shortens the distance that dust and debris travel, which makes it one of the best suction powered vacuum cleaner.
If you have pets, you will also want to check out this upright vacuum. This vacuum not only picks up pet hair and other debris with ease, but its HEPA filter also eliminates odors. You will not find a better vacuum for picking up pet hair and alleviating odors. It has a 25’ cord which can be wrapped up with a push of a button for hassle-free storage.
- It is very lightweight
- It has great power
- Easy to clean
- It is affordable compared to other brands
- Cleans floors and carpets
- It is a bit on the loud side
- On thick carpet, this vacuum is harder to push
- It is top-heavy
- Quick conversion from upright to handheld
- Swivel movement makes upright cleaning effortless
- 13-foot reach using extending tools for cleaning corners and curtains
- HEPA filter controls dust and allergens for easier breathing
- Extra-large dirt cup for tougher cleaning sessions
Save on bags by buying a Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Media Vacuum Cleaner.
When pets like cat or dog hair shed, their hair goes everywhere – the carpet, furniture, in the corners, and even on the curtains! In this kind of situation, you’ll need the best pet vacuum that can let you access all these areas and spaces. This pet vacuum is a very handy vacuum with a retractable cord for pet owners.
The Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA will work equally in every tight space. The pet vacuum pet turbo tool will help you suck up dirt and debris, and pet hair, with its powerful suction.
If the price is a big consideration for you in search of the best vacuum with a retractable cord, then the Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA vacuum cleaner should be the best choice for the pet vacuum cleaner. It offers some great features despite a low price tag. The machine includes four attachment tools: a crevice tool, a wand, a turbo nozzle, and a dusting brush. All of them can be easily assembled and used easily. This Upright vacuum can glide on various surfaces like rugs and hardwood floors.
- Easy to clean
- Large dirt cup
- Great suction capability in upright mode
- Comes with turbo brush
- Extra-long cord
- Not so light
- Hard to move
- Hard to clean stairs and cars
- Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner comes with two different flooring attachments. The SBB 400-3 Extra Large Parquet Floor Tool is for hardwood floors and the SBD 285-3 Combo Floor Tool is a combined flooring tool for both hard floors and low pile carpet.
- Integrated tool storage
- 6-speed manual control
- The Miele Complete C2 comes with a 1200W vortex ultra-quiet vacuum motor. This motor has 7 years of warranty.
- Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor is equipped with AirClean filtration. This filtration can be updated by HEPA filtration
The Miele canister vacuum is small and it cleans stairs very effectively. For people who need a vacuum to clean larger areas, the Miele Complete C2 might be a good option. The Miele Complete is the best vacuum with a retractable cord for Thicker carpets will not be a problem if you use this vacuum cleaner with a large brush. This filter system will clean the air in an effective way and make your environment healthier. You can control the vacuum’s suction power by pressing the button. The cord is retractable and stored within the body to keep it tidy.
The cleaning performance is one thing many users comment on positively. This machine sucks up dirt and debris anywhere in your home. The parquet brush and powerful suction make it easy to clean bare floors with this vacuum cleaner.
- Comes with two flooring attachments
- One of the best vacuum cleaners for hard floors
- Comes with a 7-year warranty on the motor and casing
- Integrated with extra tool storage
- Doesn’t come with HEPA filtration system
- Not the best option for carpet and area rugs
- More expensive than other choices
- No ON/OFF button on the handle
Best Vacuum with Retractable Cord Buying Guide
Before you begin your research for the best vacuum with retractable cord, make sure you have defined your individual needs. There are many options and advantages from which to choose when selecting the best vacuum cleaner for you.
These are some of the options you should consider before making your final choice (read more at the end of the article, in the buyer guide section):
- Motor Power – The motor power (amps) can range from 3.6 to 12. The higher the amp rating, the more suction the vacuum will have and the more expensive it will be.
- Bag or bag-less vacuum – You will also need to consider if you desire a bag or bag-less vacuum unit. The advantage of bag-less vacuum cleaners is that you do not have to purchase costly cardboard bags.
- Type of filter – You can choose micron filters or HEPA filters. HEPA filters claim to offer the best filtration, but the vacuum cleaner will be more expensive.
- Attachments – You should compare the available attachments with other models before deciding on which unit to purchase.
- Cord length – consider the flexible hose cord length if that is appropriate to your needs.
- Edge cleaner – If your cleaning area includes wall-to-wall carpeting, you may want to make sure the vacuum you choose has an edge cleaner.
Types of vacuum cleaners with Retractable Cords:
- UPRIGHT VACUUMS - Economical and easily stored, lightweight, and portable. Attachments are easily stored on the body of the unit. Tend to be excessively noisy, and cumbersome to operate on stairs. The entire machine is moved constantly to perform cleaning tasks. Many upright vacuum cleaners come with manual cord storage.
- CANISTER VACUUMS - Best vacuum for cleaning drapes, under furniture, and other hard to reach areas well. Only the powerhead is moved during cleaning operations. More expensive than upright cleaners, and the canister unit can be bulky and hard to store. These units usually have internal cord storage.
- CORDLESS ROOM VACUUMS - Cordless vacuum performs light-duty jobs well. The Westinghouse Unplugged cordless vacuum and robotic Roomba work well on bare floors. They operate automatically, just turn them on and let them do their job. Both cordless vacuum models perform poorly on carpets. The robotic Roomba K does not clean corners and it is difficult for it to transition from bare floors to carpets.
- BROOM VACUUMS AND HAND VACUUMS - Economical, and perform best for cleaning small areas. Easy to store and highly portable. A small cleaning area makes them unsuitable for large cleaning jobs. The dustbins do not hold much dirt. There is usually no cord to worry about.
- CENTRAL VACUUM SYSTEMS - Performs well like a canister vacuum cleaner without having to lug a canister body around. The cord will never be in your way, either. The suction unit is stored away from the living area, making them relatively quiet. Large soil capacity canister needs to be emptied infrequently. Central vacuums are expensive. Professional installation is often required. The 30-foot hose is difficult to store and cumbersome to handle. And there’s no place to carry tools while you work.
Here are some helpful tips:
–Make a checklist of what you need in a vacuum, such as:
Suction power, a unit specifically designed for pets, canister vs. bag, designed for allergy sufferers
–Make a list of extras that you would like in a vacuum, like:
A headlight, a car cleaning accessory, etc.
–Do online research and read customer reviews
Read the positive and negative reviews and make your own pros and cons list
The length of the warranty, as well as what is included (parts or labor) should be taken into consideration within the best vacuum cleaner on the market
–Narrow your list down to a few choices and check prices online
After you have done your due diligence, you will feel confident in choosing the best vacuum that is best for you!
Best Vacuum with Retractable Cord Buying - FAQ's
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Vacuum Cleaner with Retractable Cord
Retractable Cord vs. Standard Cord
When choosing one of the best vacuum cleaners, there are multiple reasons to want an auto cord retraction enabled vacuum. First, the cord is always easy to store neatly when not in use. It saves time from having to round up the whole cord by yourself.
If you have the option to choose a vacuum with a retractable cord, there is no point in getting a vacuum with a standard cord length. It’ll be the best option to spend some extra money that comes with a retractable cord.
Bagged vs. Bagless
Remember to check if the vacuum you are buying is bagged or bagless and uses a filter. Bagless vacuum cleaners are gradually the best vacuum for saving you a ton of money. If the vacuum is bagged, then every time your bag fills up with dust, you have to buy a new bag.
If you choose an upright bagless vacuum, then you won’t have to buy a bag every time it fills up. Bagless vacuums use filters that are easily washable. But if you have any problem with dust or allergies, then buying a bagged vacuum would be the best option for you.
Noise, Attachments & Tools
Even the best vacuum with a retractable cord makes noise whether you live in an apartment or house. Vacuum cleaners with canisters have a low sound level than those that use bags. A vacuum cleaner can have multiple attachments and tools. Some common attachments are hoses, attachments for cleaning curtains, as well as for crevices. Some attachments are specifically made to suck up pet hair.
Here you have the 7 best retractable cord vacuum cleaners on the market. Let’s recap a few suggestions:
- For a house with only bare floors, opt for the Miele C2 cleaner for bare floors.
- If you have a pet, try the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum for ultimate hair-lifting power.
There are loads of vacuum cleaners available for you to choose from. But for the best upright vacuum cleaner with a retractable cord, have a look through our list and pick out the one that matches your needs the best. And don’t forget to comment on your experience if you already used one of these.